Will you ovulate when you are pregnant?
A pregnant women will not ovulate during pregnancy. Every woman of childbearing age ovulates a mature egg every month. If you become pregnant, the hormone changes in your body will inhibit the development of ovarian follicles and ovulation. As the progesterone secreted by the fetus after pregnancy occupies the main body, it will inhibit the secretion of estrogen. In other words, if you are pregnant, there will be no new follicle development and ovulation.
How long until ovulation resume after pregnancy
Pregnant women generally resume ovulation only after childbirth. When the fetus is delivered from the mother, the uterus and body systems gradually return to the state before pregnancy. Generally, for those who do not breastfeed after childbirth, menstruation can usually recover within 6-8 weeks after delivery. The first and second menstrual periods are mostly anovulatory menstruation, and they return to ovulatory menstruation after 3 months.
The ovulation recovery of lactating women is later, more than 4-6 months postpartum, but there are also those who have ovulation 6 weeks postpartum. The percentage of menstrual recovery in breastfeeding women gradually increases with time, reaching 70% by 9 months postpartum. In addition to postpartum breastfeeding, there are other factors that also affects women ’s recovery of ovulation such as mental state and health status after delivery.
Why some people don’t ovulate and get pregnant
- Tubal blockage, hydrosalpinx, tubal adhesions, and tubal malformation are all important causes of infertility.
- Ovarian dysplasia and ovulation dysfunction: Although there is ovulation, the corpus luteum function is not perfect due to ovarian dysplasia.
- Congenital developmental, abnormalities of the reproductive organs or acquired genital lesions, such as vaginal deformities, vaginal stenosis, and membrane obstruction of minor women
- Immune factors: refers to the presence of anti-sperm antibodies in the female reproductive tract or serum, which causes sperm to agglutinate, lose vitality or die, leading to infertility
- Abnormal cervical development, chronic cervical inflammation, uterine dysplasia, endometriosis and other factors may also cause inability for women to get pregnant.
How to count ovulation period
The ovulation period for women is generally about 14 days before the next menstrual period. From the first day of the next menstrual period, the countdown of 14 days or 14 days minus is the ovulation day. The ovulation day plus the 5 days before and 4 days after it is called the ovulation period. This method is more accurate for women with regular menstrual cycles.
Can a woman have sex during ovulation
If a woman bleeds during ovulation, it is generally not recommended for women to have sexual intercourse. When a woman bleeds during ovulation, the pelvic cavity is congested, the uterine opening is loose, and the genital resistance is weakened. Therefore, it is easy for the man to introduce bacteria into the vagina, thereby destroying the normal vaginal acidic environment and causing infection.