What to do if the newborn is crying and not sleeping
Causes of Newborn crying and not sleeping
- If they sleep longer during the day, they will not want to fall asleep at night because of their central nervous system is imperfect
- The parents are exhausted after a day of fatigue. They are naturally less responsive to babies’ hunger and urination than they are during the day.
- Babies with calcium deficiency are easily frightened, especially on a quiet night, a little movement will wake the baby crying.
- Babies with chronic diseases such as tuberculosis and malnutrition often cry at night, and parents should pay attention to this situation.
Hungry. They stop crying at the onset of feeding. By the end of the feeding, they are happy.
Sleepy Baby. They need their parents to put them in a comfortable position. They may be swaddled and on their back. Some babies just want adults to hug them more.
Clothing. Being too hot or too cold can make a baby cry. So does clothing that is too tight.
Dirty Diaper. Stool is very irritating to the skin. If not cleaned off, it can cause pain and burning.
Environment . If it is too hot, cover the baby less, and if it is too cold, cover the baby more.
Care advice for parents
- Whether it ’s breasts, bottles, babies ’own fingers or pacifiers, sucking always serves as a soothing effect to help them to sleep.
- Various pats and massages can help calm the baby, but do not massage his stomach before four weeks old, avoid the spine and avoid using nut oils such as almond oil
- Rhythm sounds or music can help calm newborns
- Shake the baby in the arm or cradle or push him in the stroller
- Take the baby for a walk when they are crying
- Some babies will feel better after belching, so try to make the baby sit vertically on your shoulders, and then pat his back
- A warm bath can calm some babies immediately, but be aware that this may be counterproductive
- Take the baby to a quieter room and appease him with tender embrace and soft singing.
How to prevent newborns from crying and not sleeping
- Parents must ensure the baby’s sleep time is regular. When the point is reached, the baby should be coaxed to sleep.
- Avoid your baby getting too excited before going to bed. Otherwise, the brain is still in an excited state after falling asleep, which can easily lead to restless sleep.
- Give your baby a good sleeping environment. Mom, dad and other family members should try to keep quiet after the baby falls asleep.
- Do not turn on the lights in the environment where the baby falls asleep, which is not only not conducive for the baby to sleep well, but also has an effect on the child’s nerves.