Supplements to enrich your blood after delivery
Postpartum blood supplement health products
When you are pregnant, your doctor is most likely to recommend that you test your iron levels. The increase in the body’s demand for iron during pregnancy, putting you at risk for iron deficiency. What are the health supplements for postpartum blood supplementation? We suggest several common blood supplement health products.
1. Iron and folic acid
Pregnant women require additional iron and folic acid to meet their own nutritional status as well as those of the developing fetus. Iron and folic acid supplements are associated with a reduced risk of iron deficiency anemia. Take the iron supplement with orange juice of vitamin C and do not drink milk, dairy products or caffeine at the same time you take your iron.
Vitamin B12 can accelerate the maturation of red blood cells and prevent anemia. While Vitamin B6 helps the absorption of vitamin B12 and enhances the hematopoietic function of vitamin B12; vitamin C can effectively maintain activated folic acid and promote iron absorption and utilization.
Protein is one of the essential nutrients for the manufacture of human heme and red blood cells. Therefore, women with anemia should consume more protein, so as to play a role in blood.
What are the postpartum blood supplement methods
Common methods of postpartum blood supplementation include a blood-enriching diet, and blood-enriching health care products and blood-enriching health supplements are supplemented. Let’s see what foods and vegetables can provide blood for mothers to increase their iron levels.
- Foods high in iron include meats like beef and chicken. In addition, seafood is also rich in iron such as fish, clams and oysters which used to increase your iron levels.
- Lotus root is rich in vitamins and minerals and maternal consumption of lotus root can help with blood stasis, increase appetite, help digestion and promote milk secretion.
- Soup, chicken broth and fish broth contain amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are easy for the human body to absorb, and the delicious taste can stimulate gastric juice secretion, increase appetite, and promote lactation.
- Brown sugar contains more glucose and iron can nourish the blood of pregnant women and prevent anemia. Brown sugar contains a variety of trace elements and minerals, which can be used to urinate, prevent postpartum urinary incontinence , and promote the discharge of lochia.
- Kelp contains more iodine and iron, maternal eating more of this vegetable can increase the content of milk. Newborns drink this milk, which can help to prevent the resulting drowsy disease. Iron has the effect of preventing blood deficiency.
- Yellow sprouts, which contain a large amount of amino acids, vitamin c, cellulose for growing community cells and can repair community cells that are damaged when giving birth. Vitamin C can increase the elasticity and toughness of the blood vessel wall and prevent hemorrhage, cellulose can relieve bowel and prevent constipation.