BAMBAM KIDS Family Size Play Mat | Dreamy Blush / Herringbone Gray (200 x 140cm)
200cm x 140cm x 15mm thick
TPU playmats that are plush, easy to clean, sustainable, safe. Inspired by kids, and designed for the family.
Comfortably accommodates the entire family or four children for story-telling and play time. Perfect for the living room, play room or lounge area.
REVERSIBLE DESIGNS –
- Herringbone Gray – The stunning, delicate hand-illustrated herringbone detailing of this creamy cool grey play mat will sit with quiet beauty in your family home. A minimalist design that definitely works well with both traditional and contemporary interiors.
- Dreamy Blush – This whimsical colour reminds you of all things pretty – from a fresh slice of fluffy birthday cvake to the cute plush bunny you carry around everywhere. Celebrate little joys and special moments with our Dreaming Blush plush mat.
Soft and cozy play mats for your baby are wonderful to have in your nursery and around your home for tummy time and exploration time. And with safety at the top of mind for your precious bundle, you need to know just what the mat is made of before you commit to making a purchase.
TPU is a baby foam play mat material that is a preferred choice of parents everywhere. The claims are that it is non-toxic, lead-free, latex-free, and free from phthalates and formaldehyde.
But, still, many people are wondering, “Is TPU foam safe for babies?” Good question. We will answer some of your most commonly asked questions about TPU to help you make the decision that is right for your family.
Is TPU Safe?
Because of the toxicity of many of the materials being used to make foam baby mats, parents everywhere are looking for safe alternatives and seeking out play mats made of TPU.
TPU, thermoplastic polyurethane, has all the benefits we love in a baby mat, being soft and durable, while the material itself is quite safe and free from toxic properties. In fact, TPU is frequently used in medical applications.
“TPUs possess a wide range of properties that make them suitable for an array of applications,” explains Prakash Vizzeswarapu, commercial development manager, NAFTA TPU Resins, Bayer Material Science. This explains why many hospitals have replaced PVC, which requires phthalates and plasticizers that may cause emissions that are harmful to patients, with TPUs.
Is TPU Foam Toxic?
With those precious little hands, feet, mouths—and everything else—coming in direct contact with foam baby play mats, it’s important that the surfaces be safe and non-toxic.
TPU is a completely inert material and does not off-gas VOCs (volatile organic compounds). This is why it has become a safe material of choice for foam baby mats and recommended by discerning moms everywhere.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Unwrap packaging and keep it away from children. Creases and curled over corners are a result from being rolled up tightly in the packaging box for a period of time; but rest assure it does settle flat over time.
- We recommend you roll the play mat in the reverse direction to how it was packaged, use the elastic straps provided to hold it in position and leave it over night or longer, if possible. Allow the mat on the reverse side (curling down) to rest on a flat surface, and let it breathe for a couple of days. The curls or creases (if any) will naturally subside in 2-3 week’s time.
- Keep the velcro straps in a safe place, they are very handy when wanting to transport or store the mat.
- Wipe down with a soft damp cloth.
- Please note – A slight yellowing discolouration may be present around the edges of light coloured mats. This occurs because of a heat-sealing process. This is characteristic of the product and not a fault.
What’s unique about Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) material?
- Our play mats are of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) material nature and may discolour slightly. We refrain from using colour stabilisers to ensure our play mats are free from harsh chemicals. You may notice slight yellowing along the play mats edges and in areas where there may be white, this is considered normal behaviour for our eco-friendly TPU foam.
- The use of 100% sustainable Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), commonly used in medical applications, compared to PVC (poly-vinyl chloride) creates a safer play mat for your children without the harmful and toxic chemicals. Plus, allows for a durable and hard-wearing mat which can be easily wiped clean.
- Our independent testing report provides assurance that our material used complied with international safety standards and that lead, mercury, cadmium, PBPs, PBDE’s and formamide were not detected. Moreover our mats do have no nasty chemical smell upon opening and do not need to be “aired” as some other play mats do, and as they are one solid single mat (not interlocking puzzle pieces), they won’t end up being chewed on in your baby’s mouth.
What should I take note of?
- Not designed for prolonged sunlight/ outdoor use. Direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause deterioration of the play mat. Our mats have been designed for indoor use, but can be enjoyed on the short occasional outdoors. At your discretion on a nice smooth surface they can of course be used for short periods outside. Do note definitely not on rough surfaces such as rocks, sticks or rough concrete.
|Dimensions||200 × 140 × 5 cm|
There are no reviews yet.