The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
|Dimensions||9.2 × 6.4 × 8.8 cm|
Nipple Teat, Orthodontic Teat
If your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have inverted or cracked nipples, you will still be able to breastfeed with ease and comfort. Our Nipple Shields suction onto your breast, giving you a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
We offer two teat shapes: the orthodontic teat and the nipple teat. The orthodontic teat is thumb-shaped to replicate the shape of a mother’s nipple during breastfeeding, making it more readily accepted by your baby. The nipple teat replicates the silicone teat of a baby bottle and is better suited to help your baby transition from breast to bottle.
This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed. If you are able to breastfeed successfully and experience slight discomfort, we suggest using our traditional nipple shields as a protective alternative if your nipples become raw and sore.
– Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges for mould or bacteria to harbour.
– Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
– Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
– The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
– Variable flow bottle nipple allows baby to drink continuously and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
– Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple.
– BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
– Dishwasher and microwave sterilizer safe.
Cleaning and Care:
Wash before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. Instead, we recommend using the Haakaa Dish Soap. To sterilise, use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.
Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Children can choke on small objects if left unattended. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose. Store product in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Excessive stretching may cause tearing.