What are probiotics?
Probiotics are living bacteria that improve intestinal health by regulating the intestinal flora. They are a balanced relationship of mutual restraint and interdependence with the human body, which is the micro-ecological balance of the human body. Common probiotics are bifidobacterium, lactobacillus, enterococcus, yeast and so on.
When to eat baby probiotics
- Pregnant women start adding food supplements containing Bifidobacterium infantis in the third month of pregnancy, and continue to add during breastfeeding .
- Indigestion, inadequate milk , acute and chronic diarrhea, dry stools, and malnutrition caused by poor absorption.
- Children who are not Caesarean and not breastfeeding cannot get enough probiotics from their mothers.
- Be prepared when immunity is low or immunity needs to be enhanced.
- Traveling with children. If the children’s stomach is uncomfortable, it can be effectively relieved after taking it.
Pay attention to the following items when taking probiotics for your baby:
1. Wash the probiotic powder containing Bifidobacterium infantis with cool water, and take it when giving water to children. Probiotics are ready to drink as soon as possible, so as not to lose activity and affect the effect.
2. You can rub some probiotic powder on the pacifier or nipple, so that the baby can get enough probiotics when feeding.
3. When taking antibiotics, especially broad-spectrum antibiotics, cannot identify harmful and beneficial bacteria, they often kill beneficial bacteria as well. Therefore, adding probiotics will play a good role in maintaining the balance of intestinal flora.
How long should baby probiotics eat
Although probiotics are relatively safe and do not have much side effects, they are not recommended for long-term consumption. There is no specific time limit. After the symptoms disappear, the medication should be stopped for 2 to 3 days. When the baby’s stomach is not a big problem, it is better to rely on self-regulation.
It is recommended to take probiotics for babies within half an hour before a meal or at the same meal, because at this time the PH value in the stomach is high, the survival rate of probiotics is higher, and it is more conducive to the probiotics to reach the intestinal colonization smoothly.
Can probiotics be washed with milk powder
Probiotics can be washed with milk powder, as long as the water temperature is not too high. The activity of probiotics will increase as the temperature rises and enter the fermentation process. When the temperature exceeds 60℃, probiotics will enter the stage of decay. Therefore, probiotic products are best taken directly after being taken out under refrigeration to avoid high temperature heating.
If you must take antibiotics, the interval between probiotics and antibiotics should not be less than 3 hours; do not expose probiotic bacteria to the air for a long time, and then open the package before use.