Physical/Motor Development- Swimming
Swimming is one of the most suitable activities for babies. It can exercise the baby’s body and promote rapid brain development. It can also improve IQ, emotional intelligence, and strengthen the ability to coordinate and respond to the whole body.
Benefits of swimming ：
1. Improve digestion of food and baby’s immunity and also help your baby to establish good sleep.
2. Good for brain development and improve baby’s IQ and emotional intelligence
3. Improve parents-children relationships
4. Speed up baby’s respiratory development and increase lung capacity
5. Promote blood circulation and enhance baby’s heart function
6. Increase nutritional intake and promote gastrointestinal motility
7. Good for the development of muscles, joints and ligaments, make your baby stronger and stronger
1. Your baby must be supervised by a person during swimming.
2. It is best not to use a collar. The baby’s neck is very soft, and the collar is easy to hurt the juvenile cervical spine. The collar is easy to compress the trachea. The most dangerous thing is that the carotid sinus is on the neck of the person. If accidentally pressed, the baroreceptive reflex can occur and slow down the heart rate. Blood pressure drops, and can even shock can the baby.
3. The best way to swim is to be held by an adult, holding the baby’s hip with one forearm; holding the baby’s back with the other hand and putting it against the adult’s body.