Oatmeal and banana mash for your 1-year-old
As your baby approaches their first birthday, they can start to eat a variety of solid foods in addition to breastmilk or formula. It’s important to remember that babies have small stomachs, so they may not eat a lot at one time. The food also needs to be soft as babies are still learning how to chew and swallow.
Here is a simple and healthy recipe for a 1-year-old that you can try:
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup milk of your choice
- Peel the banana and mash it in a small bowl with a fork.
- Add the rolled oats and milk to the mashed banana.
- Mix well until the oats are fully incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the mixture in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.
- Let it cool slightly before serving it to your baby.
This recipe is a great option for introducing new textures to your baby, and it’s also a good source of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. You can also add some ground flaxseed or chia seeds for an extra boost of omega-3 fatty acids. You can also try pureed vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, etc. to the recipe. It’s best to consult with a pediatrician before introducing new foods to your baby.