Almost all women do not want to face childbirth alone. Here’s one more thing you may want to consider: whether you want to hire a doula, a trained labor companion. Doula delivery is the most ideal natural delivery method advocated by the World Health Organization. Its main functions are as follows:
- Doula delivery allows the mother to stay awake throughout the delivery process and move freely.
- Help mothers to eat and drink water in time during labor, enhance productivity, and shorten labor.
- Improve the mental state of the mother, relieve fear and anxiety, enhance the mother’s confidence in natural childbirth, and avoid the occurrence of postpartum depression.
- It is conducive to timely breastfeeding after childbirth, especially after cesarean section that is helplessly selected due to severe labor pain, and is beneficial to reduce the rate of non-medical indications for cesarean section.
- Provide guidance to family members of mothers, teach family members how to help mothers scientifically, and provide mothers with family support from family members.
The specific content of Doula delivery
- Doula will provide “one-to-one” comprehensive nursing to the mother to eliminate the mother’s fear and observe the various conditions of the mother at any time.
- Doula can explain and guide the steps of the birth process throughout the birth process, and assist in guiding the mothers and their families to participate in the delivery process.
- A doula can offer a treasure trove of non-medical pain-management techniques including massage, reflexology, aromatherapy, music and mantras; he or she will try different combinations to find the right solution for you.
- Doula will instruct the mother to eat a high-calorie, easy-to-digest, relatively light diet such as porridge, soup to restore physical strength.
- Doula will guide the mother to cooperate with the uterine contraction to correctly use the screen force method to increase abdominal pressure.
- When the pain is severe, the mother in labour often cannot eat by herself. The midwife should feed and feed the mother in labour, and encourage more food.
- When mothers need to go to the toilet, they must be accompanied to increase their sense of security.
- Parturient women sweat a lot due to labor pain and excessive consumption. Midwives should wipe sweats and change wet clothes for the women in time to avoid catching cold.
- Doula will promote hygiene knowledge, especially postpartum personal hygiene guidelines such as avoiding sex and bathing within 42 days after delivery.
How should the mothers cooperate
Doula is conducive to maternity delivery, so how should the mothers cooperate in the delivery process to make Doula delivery better?
If you want to complete a smooth delivery, it is clear that you must first trust each other. The establishment of trust is not a simple process, it requires more communication and communication between you and Doula. During this critical period of childbirth, the mother in labour should not have any worries, but clearly express all your needs.