Do’s & Don’ts of Pregnancy Workout
[Ruuji Mum: Maternity Athleisure
‘Active, Healthy, Stylish, Comfy’]
Hello Mamas! Did you know that establishing a regular workout routine during pregnancy brings you more benefits than harm? No? You were told to stay put? Well-
Unless it was your obstetrician who gave you the “no go” for exercise, then exercising will be GREAT for you.
Let us walk you through the wonders of exercising during pregnancy, we’ll tell you how to start, the benefits, the do’s & don’ts, and how we’ll keep you stylish(yas queen) & super comfortable during your pregnancy workout, so do continue reading this article!
Progressive . Functional . Human . Simple
HOW TO START
Take it extra easy during your first trimester. During your obstetrician appointment, consult with your doctor & get a greenlight from them stating that you are fit & healthy for exercise.
Upon getting an “A-OK 👌🏼” from your doctor, it’s time for some low impact (No vigorous jumping, running, or just any strenuous movements) exercises, for a recommended 30 mins per day (but don’t push yourself, if you feel tired & out of breath, stop immediately & rest).
It is also important to wear proper workout attire. Being pregnant means that your pre-pregnancy clothes probably don’t fit you anymore, & as your pregnancy progresses, you will need MORE new clothes that fit.
Wearing tight clothes will limit your movements, you will feel constricted & it will affect your breathing (which might be harmful for the baby because your baby gets their oxygen through you). Wearing clothes that are too loose is simply a hazard, you could potentially trip & fall.
Introducing Ruuji Mum: Maternity Athleisure! Ruuji Mum was thoughtfully designed to maximise comfort for pregnant & breastfeeding Mamas. It is also technologised with ultra-stretchable & moisture-wicking materials that will adapt to the growth of your baby bump (no need to size up!) & keeps you comfortable – no matter if you’re working out or just chilling on the sofa!
BENEFITS OF WORKING OUT DURING PREGNANCY
- Eases constipation
- Reduces back pain & legs-ankle-feet swelling
- Promotes healthy weight gain
- Keep mind & body healthy
- Strengthen heart, blood vessels, & muscles.
- May reduce the risk of preeclampsia (pregnancy high-blood pressure), pregnancy diabetes, & cesarean delivery
- Gain stamina for labour & delivery
1. Learn which exercises are safe for your health & condition
2. Factor light cardio into your day – Low impact & won’t strain your body
- Pregnancy Yoga or Pilates
- Walking & Brisk Walking
- Stationary Cycling
3. Strength training to prepare for delivery & after delivery – eases backache & strengthens joints.
Target these muscles so you can support the
weight of your growing baby bump:
- Glutes – Body weight squats
- Hamstrings – Bodyweight lunges
- Quads – Side leg raise
- Abdominals – Side plank
- Upper & Lower back – Pilates: Back stretches
4. Stay cool & drink plenty of water to stay hydrated (important for you & your baby). Drink before, during, & after exercise.
5. Wear suitable workout clothes that don’t constrict you.
Ruuji Mum is suitable to be used through all trimesters & post-partum. You don’t need to overhaul your whole workout wardrobe – just a few essential pieces will do!
High waisted leggings
- Provide support to the bump. Allows you to freely move around with ultra-stretchable material used.
- Four way stretch material to accommodate your growing bump without feeling constricted.
Long sleeve top
- Light weight, breathable material to prevent overheating when working out. The well-located zipper will also be useful for nursing your baby after pregnancy.
- Perfect balance of support and comfort. Material used is soft and breathable. The easy access and detachable nursing clasp will come in handy after pregnancy to feed your little one!
1. Underestimate rest days – Resting is as important as exercise, don’t push yourself too hard, take it easy. Allow your body to recover to avoid excessive stress on your body and your baby.
2. Forget to take care of your pelvic health – To prevent urinary incontinence & other pelvic conditions, Kegels is a perfect exercise for you.
3. Get overheated – Avoid hot weather, consider early morning or evening workouts or go to an air-conditioned gym.
Ruuji Mum might be simple, but it’s not ordinary. Ruuji Mum are basically wardrobe essentials that will keep you suuuper comfortable throughout your pregnancy & even after your pregnancy! After all, Ruuji is tailored with care & passion, by mothers for mothers, just what a Queen like you needs. Ruuji believes comfort in turn translates into confidence. Dress the Ruuji mum collection and style it your way to be your most confident self Mamas!
Here’s to a healthier life ahead with all of our loved ones.
Click on the button below to stay Active, Healthy, Stylish & Comfy: