Child’s bone development
The bone development of the spine determines the basic behavior of the child such as sitting, standing, and walking. Its development speed is faster than that of the child’s limbs.
The development of the limb’s long bones is very important for the height of the human body, because its length will directly affect the height of the body.
When the human body grows to 17-18 years old, puberty is about to end, the growth of long bones in the limbs will slow down until it stops, and the possibility of natural change is very small.
Bone growth is affected by many factors such as growth hormone, thyroid stimulating hormone, gonadal hormone and Vitamins A, D, and C.
Important indicators of bone development
The skull grows as the brain develops. The quality of skull development can be measured by the size of the head circumference, the cranial suture and the fontanelle closure sooner or later.
In the first year after the baby is born, the spine grows faster than the limbs. The baby’s movement development should be compatible with the development of the spine.
Throughout the baby’s growth and development process, bone growth continues in the ossification center of the epiphysis at both ends of the long bone and the cartilage plate, thereby gradually increasing the length of the bone and height.
What to do if the bone is dysplasia
- Protrusion of back
Parents should not worry, sometimes because the baby moves around, the back seems to have a side bend, but most of them are normal.
- Abnormal sternum
This is due to the uneven development of the cartilage and usually no treatment is needed. For serious cases, it is necessary to observe after two years of age, and correct them if necessary.
- Crooked neck
It is best to perform physical therapy and continue to observe whether it will evolve into a true muscular torticollis.
- Trigger finger or thumb inward
Newborn’s fingers are tightened when they are born, and will gradually loosen over time by fingers exercise, corrective handstands, and in some cases , they may need surgical treatment.
- Rickets, O-leg or X-leg
The above situation will gradually improve after the age of two. Unless the “O” leg is particularly severe, or the legs are asymmetrical. As for children when they are standing at school, the external rotation of the two feet is also normal.
How to promote bone development
- We must ensure the intake of protein and calcium. Fish , shrimp and soy products are rich in calcium. Calcium is easy to absorb when exposed to the sun.
- A person’s body grows between 10 and 2 pm every night. If this period is missed, it is not easy to grow taller in the later days.
- Sports with jumping movements are helpful for height, and gymnastics stretching exercises for teenagers at school can stretch the body.
- It is worth nothing that after 25 years of age, humans will basically not grow taller, so do not believe in heightening products and taking hormones.